Thursday, May 2, 2013

God Answered Me In A Dream



Several days before leaving to visit family and friends to Rochester, NY during the third week of December 2012, I was in prayer and kept pressing God to show me the condition of the Church. I asked God to show me the spiritual state of the Church of Jesus Christ. I wanted to know what we need to understand for the days in which we are living in. I pleaded with God to show me a revelation of the diagnosis of where we as a Church stand today. I was deeply moved as God was faithful in answering me in a dream several days later. 

God Answers in a Dream
I vividly remember waking up at exactly 6:00am on December 29, 2012 and praying in tongues not knowing why. It was such a powerful presence of the Holy Spirit that I asked my wife to wake up and continue in prayer with me at the kitchen table. We both sat there holding hands and praying earnestly in the Holy Spirit. I began asking God to revive the Church to bring passive believers to a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ. As my wife and I took time to meditate I began to share with her the dream God had shown to me that night.

I was standing in front of a large white building that had the structure and composition of a church. It was a clear day and everything seemed to just be normal. Birds were flying around, small sounds of vehicles passing by, and light wind breezing across my face. I was so intrigued at this church building that I decided to go inside and be part of the service. As I approached the main entrance of the church, I noticed something strange about the building, it had no doors. As I looked to the left and to the right door posts I could see the doors were removed without damage as if someone came and unscrewed the doors. I decided to walk inside and see other doorways. As I began to search room to room and hallways and corridors the same thing was repeating, there were no doors at any of the entry ways.

It was so odd to see this large white church building having no doors of any kind throughout its entire internal structure. The next thing I saw in my dream were people walking towards the front entrance and pretending to open the front doors with their hands. There was no actual door but they used motions with their hands to pretend to open and close the doors. One by one they were filing into the sanctuary because service was about to start shortly.

I sat down with the people to see what would happen next. As the service began and the preacher came to the pulpit to speak a message I observed people all over the sanctuary trying to swat away flies and insects and rusty leaves and tiny dirt particles that kept swirling inside the building from the outside. Because there were no doors all the debris was swirling in and out of the church building. The preacher is speaking the message yet at the same time people are focused at trying to remove all this debris that they have no time to listen to what is being said.

I stood up and went to the back of the church and saw how certain people throughout the service would run to people back and forth and shake them by their shoulders and point their finger towards the door posts and say, “Can’t you see there are no doors?! We need to place doors and we need to do it now or else we will never hear what God is trying to speak to us!” Most people shrugged off the suggestion and even replied, “Every church on the block and in our city has no doors. It’s the new style now. Don’t worry about it, for it’s perfectly okay and normal. So sit back down because you are disturbing us.”

I was witnessing something so uncomfortable and so out of place it is hard to put into words. While I was standing in the back, flags from countries from all over the world began to be waved and shouted. Each country was making its representation known. Then the Holy Spirit spoke to me and gave me understanding.

The Church has taken off doors of holiness, purity, and righteousness. It is letting the world influence the atmosphere of the  Church and distracting members from hearing the Lord’s Word. Each time someone would try to clear out the flies or insects or debris it represented how each person is trying to find a way to make themselves look “clean” or holy with their own hands. While doing so, they have completely missed the voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to them personally. Once I understood how the world has invaded the culture of the Church and kneeled down and began to weep. I began to ask God to first place doors in the Church and to revive those who are in the building to hear the message and not look at themselves. This is when I woke up.

My wife and I continued in sincere prayer and recorded and wrote down this dream. We have shared this dream with only a few close friends and mentors and now the Lord wants me to share it more publicly. 

 The Spirit is Calling
The Holy Spirit is drawing us unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ deeper than ever before. He wants us as the Church to hear His voice clearly and vividly. Are you living a selfish and proud life where God cannot even find room to talk with you? He wants purity and holiness and righteousness where it belongs- inside the hearts of his beloved! He wants YOU pure, holy, and full of His Spirit.

Ask our Father in heaven to revive you from a compromising life with this world. Don’t run away from the pricking of the Holy Spirit inside your heart, just ask God for renewal and strength. He wants His people full of His power and wisdom to combat evil workings of the enemy. Friends, we cant be lazy in our walk with God its time to stand up for the name of Jesus Christ and pray for holy revival to make its place back into our preaching, singing, teaching, and praying.
May the Holy Spirit speak to you right now of where you are in your walk with God.
Be Blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Paul...these are true words. In the last days the Bible says these things would happen. Keep being the "trumpet" of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark its a call to let holiness and the Holy Spirit do His work.

      Delete
    2. My Dear Brother Paul,
      You MUST preach a message on this dream in our church next time you are in Philadelphia! I can feel the strong message of the Holy Spirit in this dream!!
      God LOVES us so much!! Praise Him Alone! Thank you Paul!

      Delete
    3. Timofey: God is good and He is speaking to His people in various ways and methods to get them to re-prioritize their lives. Love you brother!

      Delete