Monday, December 16, 2013

iAsk: Natasha Kosachevich, Spiritual Counselor, Questions on Women in Ministry

 Every Monday I will be posting new interviews with Christian leaders to find in-depth counsel on issues such as ministry, family, careers, politics, finance, and theology. Today's in-depth interview is with spiritual counselor Natasha Kosachevich from California. Let's begin...

Natasha Kosachevich
Paul: First, can you tell us who you are, what you do, and what is your greatest passion in life? Our readers will be interested in hearing your story.
Natasha: I am just a simple daughter of the King of Kings J. I love Jesus and my passion is to introduce as many people as possible to Him and to encourage those that have already met Him to get to know Him better, fall in love with Him deeper and trust Him completely.  I love to share anything and everything that I learn from Him with those who will listen.  I love sharing with young people, teenagers, youth, young adults, and couples about Gods order of things.  He is the ultimate Designer of Life and He knows best how it should be handled.  Besides the fun subjects of faith, love and relationships I also cover some of the not-so common ones of abuse, sexuality, addictions and emotional healing. 
        
Paul: 1. 2013 is coming to a close and many events have taken place around the world, too many to list. For you personally, what world events in 2013 have impacted you the most and why?
Natasha: I spent most of 2013 in New York City, and thus the Connecticut School shooting was something that was close to me in proximity, and heart.  The lives of the innocent is something that is very precious to me.  Seeing children perish before truly living is devastating.  This event hit very close to another passion of mine which is the truth about abortion in our country and worldwide.  Seeing the nation mourn the lives of kids in one classroom but ignore the fact that close to 4000 pregnancies are terminated DAILY in the US alone is pretty overwhelming.
Another event that wasn’t really worldwide, but reminded me of Gods control was the flooding of the Dinuba River in Europe.  I was IN Eastern Europe at the time, and left the city of Budapest for a month, and during THAT specific month the river flooded.  When I returned and walked alongside the riverbank I was fascinated that just during the weeks I was gone the river flooded and covered the very sidewalks that I was now walking on.  The frailty of our life and Gods complete control over nature was very vivid to me.  I was reminded that no advancement in technology or modernization can stand against the mighty hand of the Creator.
    
Paul: 2. As you know, I co-labor alongside Lee Grady with the Mordecai Project to confront the abuse and oppression of women worldwide. Has the Slavic church as a whole suppressed the leadership gifts of women? Also, do you feel Slavic Christian women should be given greater measures of responsibility and authority in spiritual work like church ministry?
Natasha: Traditionally, I believe the Slavic church has disrespected the gifting that women can bring to serving people better.  I think partially it’s due to lack of resources and biblical education in the past years of the former Soviet Union and part of it is overlooking the way Jesus treated women and taking verses out of context or assuming that His commandments of going and making disciples concern men only.
I think wisdom and discernment must be applied in any church ministry.  But I Do believe that women were created in the image and likeness of God, and omitting their importance in the body of Christ is overlooking a very important aspect of God.
Recently, I was reading the gospel of John and marveled again at the fact that Jesus Himself, after resurrection showed Himself first to a woman and commissioned her to ‘go and tell,’ and she was in turn the first witness of His resurrection to the disciples. (John 20:10-18)  

Natasha sharing Jesus
Paul: 3. What message of encouragement and inspiration would you share with women who have been abused emotionally, physically, or sexually in Christian homes? If women are oppressed at home, what hope can they look for?
Natasha: Get to know the Lord Jesus who took all the pain and the shame to the cross.  He left heaven to pursue the brokenhearted, comfort those who mourn and restore all that was lost.  His LOVE covers ALL sins, those that you committed and those that were committed against you.  He is the Only One who can make old things new and restore you to His original design. (Isaiah 61)    

Paul: 4. From your travels around the world, what have you noticed the Lord speaking to the body of Christ?
Natasha: “Get Ready - Jesus is Coming!”
The Bride of Christ, remember your first love. Purify yourself. Get your ‘dress’ in order.  Get your heart focused on the Groom! 

Paul: 5. Christmas time is around the corner, where and with whom do you plan on celebrating the holiday?
Natasha: For the past 3 years I have been either out of the country or out of the states for the holidays, so I am looking forward to spending the time with my family in California this year, and listening to a lot of Christmas music, which I love. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment